View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:514
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrt1993 View Post
There's no way I'm changing my wheels...when my tires are worn out, I'll buy the highest quality street racing tires I can. As for a torque convertor and cam, I really don't wanna do either one of them. I really don't think a torque convertor makes that big a difference considering I just spin my tires on takeoff anyway. And cams are too expensive and I don't wanna mess around with something like that.

I'm thinking an 85 mm tb, and shorty headers should probably get me to 13.5 right? I'm a little nervous about both since changing the throttle body has created a whistling sound for some guys. And the idea of changing my exhaust sound with headers scares me.

All these mods just seem so complicated compared to a supercharger...I dunno if I wanna drop $6,300 though.
The FASTEST 4G R/T's don't even hit mid 13's without
CAI Intake, 85mm Throttle Body, LT Headers, Exhaust, Cam, a Custom Diablo CMR Tune AND a lighter set of sticky 17" wheels/tires.

If you think swapping in a "real" Torque Converter is not going to help because you're already spinning your tires...
How do you think a 100 HP+ Supercharger will help with your traction issues??

...another option is a ZEX kit for around $500 at ShopHemi.com, on almost a bone stock Crew Cab 4G a 75 shot is good for 13.4's
You still need a tuner and should run colder plugs... http://www.shophemi.com/p-1107-dodge...em-by-zex.aspx

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 07-11-2011 at 02:48 PM.