View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:167
rtkman has a spectacular aura aboutrtkman has a spectacular aura about

I manage a shop and from my experience your company is a good one. I would advise against being rude with the appraiser. All that's going to get you is hassle. The appraiser will write a fair estimate. These guys are pros and if there are additional items that need to be added because they missed something its a hassle for them so they will certainly try and get it all on the estimate the first time. The shop will deal with them on your behalf for anything missed. There will be no question about used parts on your truck i'm sure. Although if your policy reads as mine does they are within their rights to use them. (you signed it remember) What people sometimes forget is they are used parts coming off right? Whats the difference between a hood of another 2011 truck and yours? Why is it worse than new? Either way that likely will never be a issue. Paintless dent repair is a good thing. If you can have it repaired without painting that's great. I've had many hail damage jobs done with PDR and our guy does an awesome job. I would advise against trying to get the shop to eat the deductible. Its dishonest and if they will do that what else will they do? Good shops don't do it. They don't need to. Good luck with your truck I'm sure you'll get it all worked out.