View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 12:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST 2X4
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:236
GPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
did you already have the K&N filter and tube? if you did not what was the total cost for your DIY intake?
I bought all the pipe and K&N for the project at the time. Everything cost about $80 total (see text from one of my earlier post below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSHSLAX View Post
I used 3" pipe all the way through, easiest fit from the TB down to the filter and the filter has a 3.5" opening which fit the PVC external diameter exactly. I figure onless you could get a smooth reduction (such as the BFI) the decrease in size from a larger pipe only introduces turbulence at the bottleneck. I'd love to have the BFI but this setup only cost about $80 so I can save money for exhaust now instead.
By the way, for those whom are interested, I've had it for a year now and it still looks just as good as when I first installed it. The PVC and the paint have both held up great.

Mods: Thule Xsporter 422XT bed rack, Underrail Rhinolining, MOPAR class IV Hitch, DIY CAI, Aero Turbine 3030.
Future Mods/Wishlist: Tuner, Daystar Comfort Ride 1.5" Leveling kit, Nerf Bars, Police style push bumper with light guards, KC or Thule trail lights, HID projector lights.