DODGE RAM FORUM banner

iphone won't sync on the uconnect

38K views 61 replies 36 participants last post by  xsdbs 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else had this problem with their truck. When I plug in my iphone on either the front usb or the glove box usb, it says error. However, when I plug my ipod nano in, it syncs just fine. Any suggestions?

#30 ·
For mine, all i needed was a quick 10 minute update to my radio. My iphone 4 already worked plugged into the glovebox to play music, just couldnt get the phone portion to work. But the update fixed that

#31 ·
I sync'd my iphone easily the first time and streams music and calls with zero issues, have'nt tried to upload pics or anything to the hard drive so have yet to plug in the usb.

As long as the media button is pressed when you plug in usb it should pick it up no problem, obviously you cant plug in a usb while having blue toothenabled because you cant push two inputs to one source but that is just common knowledge.

One of my buddies was going to take his truck in for service because it would'nt play music from his phone, he was trying to play media through his radio. After 4 weeks I showed him the media button then viola itunes was playing fine through the radio.

#34 ·
The 730N in my truck has shuffle...you just have to activate it in the menu everytime you plug in your phone which is annoying

#35 · (Edited)
OK, so I just upgraded my radio from the RES to the RBZ in my 2010 Dodge Ram Quad. While upgrading the radio, I added the UConnect Module/Harness as well as the OEM iPod Integration Harness.....

The UConnect phone works like a charm (and yes, I had to go to Dodge to have them update my Sales Code so the UConnect would work)

My questions are:

1. I have Bluetooth connected where the phone works, but it will not stream music via Bluetooth from my iPhone 4 (won't stream Pandora or iTunes). On a side note, my wife has a 2011 Dodge Durango with a RBZ head unit, and I can stream music via Bluetooth to her radio.....What am I missing?

2. I can hook my iPhone 4 up to the Integration Harness and it will play Pandora through the speakers, however, I have NO volume control through the head unit. If I disconnect the Integration Harness, and just use it through the AUX outlet on the front of the head unit then it works fine. What's the issue?

3. I can hook my iPhone 4 up to the Integration Harness and can control iTunes through the radio just fine. No issues there.

3. Random question about the RBZ radio.....it has different display modes....day time, night time, and auto.....why doesn't the "auto mode" automatically adjust the screen brightness to daytime or night time settings?

#37 · (Edited)
For those that are planning on getting the Uconnect SW update done, you will want to check what SW version your Uconnect module has. It will be either 43.1.10 or 43.1.30 and the PN will be 05064635AG. The module is located to the right of the glove box. You may need to remove the glove box to get a good view of it. The module will need to be SW version 43.1.10 in order for the update to work. The module will look like the one pictured below.
I have been working with another person and we have been able to get the update hosted and you could do it yourself. You download the update to a thumb drive and place iit in the USB connector for the iPod cable hook up.I will get with him and have him post the link to the update and a few instructions. He is mrjeep44. The update should take about 15 - 20 minutes to happiness. The update will work for a lot of Phone issues besides the Iphone / iPod issues. (this is the TSB 08-036-11) Also this is for the non Harmon radios, (RHB, RES, REQ, RBZ are non Harmon radios)

Attachments

#38 ·
Alright guys, here are the instructions. As xsdbs said, you may want to check your SW version first, as this will save you some frustration. This update is not working at the moment on 43.01.30.

1) First check to see which version of software your Uconnect came with. On my Patriot the module is behind the glove box and is easy to get to. I am not sure how easy this is to access on other vehicles.

Look at the SW number on the module. If you have SW 43.01.10, this update should work for you (If you have 43.01.30 the update is not currently working, so hold off until another fix is out). This is where you find the SW number:

2) Download the file:
For US mid-large vehicles (Wrangler, Durango, Grand Cherokee, Ram, Town & Country van), download this file
For US small vehicles (Compass, Patriot, Caliber, 200) download this file

For Euro large vehicles, download this file
For Euro small vehicles, download this file

3) Put this file onto an empty thumb drive

4) Plug the thumb drive into the vehicles remote USB port (NOT on the radio). It should be either in the center console or glove box

5) Press and hold the Uconnect Phone button for approx. 15 seconds, until you hear Software Update started

6) Wait until the update is completely finished (about 10-15 minutes or so) During this update, the radio will beep over and over (you can turn this down with the volume knob). If after about 5 minutes you hear "This file archive not compatible with this vehicle," than either you used the wrong download, OR your radio does not currently have an update available

#44 ·
Well either I don't have enough post's, or this forum just doesn't allow editing. Xsdbs has given me the update that works on both Uconnect modules now, and this will work on 43.1.10 and 43.1.30 (It updates them both to 43.1.40). I have hosted them and updated the links below in the quote box, and here is a link back to the instructions I posted originally

2) Download the file:
For US mid-large vehicles (Wrangler, Durango, Grand Cherokee, Town & Country van, RAM), download this file
For US small vehicles (Compass, Challenger, Patriot, Caliber, 200) download this file

For Euro large vehicles, download this file
For Euro small vehicles, download this file

#39 ·
So after 20 painful minutes of beep... beep... beep... (the silence was painful too)

SUCCESS!

Plugged in the iPAD and it worked perfectly. I will warn folks that there is a slight delay synching, and playing music but definately something I can live with.

I even tested out Netflix and Global TV on Demand over Bluetooth and Wired and although the sound was out of sync it worked perfectly. I do however have an annoying crackle while streaming audio over bluetooth. It did this too with my blackberry.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Oh and to the folks who got us the update :rep:

#43 ·
Uconnect guys would like some information to use to confirm issues with the 43.01.30 not updating. If you have the module that came with 43.1.30 SW in your vehicle, please post the following info:
Name (screen name is fine):
Vehicle:
Build date (this is on the drivers door tag, look for MDH):
Model of phone & SW:
Problem that you are having:

Please continue to add the same information on here by just copy & pasting below to add your information. EX:

Name (screen name is fine): menotyou
Vehicle: 2011 wrangler
Build date (this is on the drivers door tag, look for MDH): 5-14-20
Model of phone & SW: HTC EVO 4G --Android 2.2
Promblem that you are having: drops BT (bluetooth) connection & streaming audio plays fast

Thank you.

#47 ·
Worked for me. See this other thread --> http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=88530. Look for MrJeep's post on page three. Follow the instructions. NOTE: Use the phone button, not the Uconnect button (see my mistake on aforementioned thread). Good luck to all.

#50 ·
Thanks MrJeep. I downloaded the file and uploaded it per your instructions.
My iphone 4 bluetooth works better, and the AUX now recognizes and can read, scan. and play iTunes from the iPhone 4 from the glovebox USB.

HOWEVER-
My iPhone does nothing but charge itself connected to the radio USB. Cannot load music, pictures, or iTunes from this one. When I go to manage Music, it displays two icons, "Disc" or "Front USB", and even though I am plugged into the front USB, the icon is grayed out. Is this normal? How do I load my hard drive otherwise?
thanks

#54 ·
The iPod will not work from the front USB hub on the radio. It will only work from the USB connector that is in the glove box or the center console depending on the vehicle. From the front USB hub you can only play or download from a flash drive (thumb drive). This is done by plugging in the flash drive and there will be a USB symbol that appears on the screen just below the AUX tab. You you press (touch) that symbol and the download would start. If you wanted to download you I tunes files, you would have to put them on a flash drive and then download them.

#55 ·
So I have the 43.1.20. I saw that another person on this thread installed the update so I tried it. ummm now my uconnect doesn't work. I push the phone button, nothing. I push the "memo" button, nothing. I plug 2 different thumb drives into the usb in the glove box..... nothing.
Has anybody run into this??? Kinda need a little help
Thanks

#56 ·
The only time that I have seen this was when the power got interrupted during the update process. Did the battery go dead or was the key turned off before the process was complete? Have you tried to disconnect the vehicle battery for about 10 - 15 minutes then reconnect it?

#60 ·
Thanks so much! I've spent a lot of time looking into this. Nothing that I could find worked. So I turned to the pros on this forum.... Darin. I've tried running the update again, formatting the jump drive and rinning it.... I can't get the jump drive to "power up" the light on it doesn't come on. when I push and hold the phone button, Nothing happens. It's like there is a "power break somewhere?????

#61 · (Edited)
Dave, have you tried a different flash drive? When I attempted to update my uConnect with a Corsair USB 2.0 flash drive, it somehow scrambled the programming and the system would no longer recognize voice commands.

I then tried an ancient USB 1.0 flash drive (really really slow transfer speeds) with the same .UPD file and that time it properly updated the uConnect. Some flash drives have higher power requirements than others, too.

xsdbs will probably have some more suggestions for you... he has proven to be a lot of help to anyone with radio/uConnect issues.

Darin

#62 ·
Thanks for that information Darren, I'll need to keep that in my notes. I think he was going to the dealer yesterday to have the issue looked at. Hopefully we'll hear back from him with good news.
It does sound like the module got spazzed out some how. I just looked at my mediafire account and there have been nearly 400 people now that have used the file. This is not to mention the couple hundred that I have just sent files to. But hey, we'll get him going again. :smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.