Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Hunter Green
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Moparzrule is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangallmotor View Post
I would buy the 2011, Is the dealership you are talking about Folsom Lake Dodge? I swear all the salesmen there don't know jack about nothing! One guy was trying to tell me that a V6 1500 QC could tow 7500lbs, and the truck was a base model ST and he was claiming that the vinyl seats where leather.

Yup that would be the dealership and your right the salesmen should know more about what their talking about. The salesman I talked to never heard of the "Express" model that's already on some lots.

[QUOTE=GTyankee;569778]I am waiting myself, not for the 6 speed, but the 8 speed that will be in them about a full year from now

It won't be a chrysler transmission, it will be a ZF german transmission, made in Chryslers new transmission plants

From what I've read the 8 speed trans does not have the torque capacity for the big motors, will be used on V-6's and 4 bangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by garner View Post

He wants the R/T which only comes with 4.10
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2THNDR View Post
You might want to research the new 6 speed a bit more. All of the ratios are different, it is not a tuning thing. The current 5 speed is a 3.00 1st gear, w/ D (3rd) direct drive. The new 6 speed has a shorter first gear, w/ 4th being direct drive ( or 1-1). 6th is a slightly taller overdrive than the current 5th. Basically, this will make the truck quicker from a stop, and have you cruising at a slightly lower RPM at freeway speeds.
Well that might be worth a tenth or two in the 1/4 hmmmm!! Hate when this happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRam10 View Post
Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. I'm all for making a great deal today as I'm looking for the ZF and the next Hemi upgrade in a couple of years.
Thanks for the welcome, warm here too :-)