View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 11:04 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

the injectors for the 6.1L will fit, but they pump more fuel, so you will be running rich. You would likely need cams/tuning/possibly forced induction to take advantage. More fuel means you need more air. the difference in A/F Ratio from 5.7 to 6.1 is not much so you MIGHT be able to get away with just a tune.

But hey, I am always looking for a reason to BOOOOOOOOOOOST

The Leveling kit? I would go with Bilstein 5100 Shocks, and call it a day. They are adjustable shocks that you can raise to level out the front of the truck. It used to be the case back in the old days that leveling kits caused premature wear, not so much anymore. And even so, with the Bilstein's, its as easy as twisting the adjustment nut to lower the ram back to stock. Thats my only complaint about these trucks is how low to the ground they sit. You cant do ANY kind of even semi-serious off roading without some sort of lift.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 07-17-2011 at 11:07 PM.