View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 12:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:327
starquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the rough

The short answer here is yes, your vehicle must comply with the laws of the jurisdiction you choose to operate it in, with certain exemptions of course. For example, the front and rear plate debate....if your vehicle complies with the state in which it is registered (assuming you are a resident and it is legally registered there) then there is nothing law enforcement can do. I live in NC where only one plate is required but when I drive into VA where two are required, I'm still in compliance. Other things though, like window tint, loud exhaust, slick tires, lighting, etc. must comply with the laws of wherever you are. Obviously, it really depends on how gung-ho the officer is in these things but I would say MOST of the time if you politely explain that you are from out of town/state/country you probably won't get a ticket for those types of violations.

Tlauden, it's funny how different agencies use different colors. Here in NC any vehicle running any type of blue light is a law enforcement vehicle of some kind. Red is for fire/EMS/rescue. I think the EMS and rescue also run some orange lights.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.

Last edited by starquestbd22; 07-18-2011 at 12:55 AM.