View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram CC 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:388
E.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really nice

Red LED interior lighting- As with most of my lighting mods I wanted these to be independent of anything else so I ran wire directly from the battery, thru the firewall boot, and to the driver side kickpanel in the center console. There I installed a switch and 3m’ed it to the back side of that panel to remain hidden. I used Oracle SMD strips for the lights. I installed them under each seat, connecting them to a support bar with zip ties, and running the wires under the console towards the switch. On the passenger side I used 3m to stick a strip to the support that runs behind the lower glove box, again running the wires inside the console and thru to the drivers side. On the drivers side under the dash it’s a little tricky. I wanted them as close to the front as possible and pointing down to give off the most light possible so I used 3m and zip ties and strung it along directly under the dash. I connected all the lights together and ran one set of wire to the switch. Very cool at night, but the red is hard to see in the daytime
switch

Under the seat

Under the passenger glove box

Drivers side dash

Finished product

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87541