View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Yellow
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
devsoul is on a distinguished road
Default Problem solved, almost!

Here we go.
I took the truck and had my cut out welded back in the converter. I had an idea on my way home that since my converter was empty I didn't need the new O2 sensor I just put in. I thought I could use the plug off of the old sensor, plug it in where the front sensor goes, bare the ends, push them in the sensor plug and use the back sensor instead. Well, the plugs are different sizes. So I decided to leave the front one unplugged and see if I still had the problem. It is running good now. The computer must go into a default setting when it senses the O2 is unplugged. I sugest unplugging your O2, one at a time to see if it helps. The front one plugs together right above the transmission, the rear on the side. I am going to leave it unplugged and see how it runs for a couple of days.

If anyone knows how to post video, I will get it running bad before I replace the sensor and post it so you can tell better if this is the same problem you are having.

I also took my cap off and cleaned the rotor last night. That seemed to help it run smoother. Going to change those soon also.

Let me know if this was any help.

Last edited by devsoul; 07-20-2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: spelling errors again