View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
Thanks for the info... I will check it out and let you know, Hopefully my wife will let me spend another dollar as she just ordered me 2 pounds of Cedar Creek Jerky.... I love the stuff ! LOL
Yea just take it easy on the jerky thats a cardiac infarction waiting to happen... Anyways the side that is leaking is the high side not the low side, low side uses schrader the high side uses older service ports. And of course you know but I just like going through the ritual of instructions to be sure that you only allow the refrigerant to enter into the low side as a gas only. Be sure to purge the service line on the manifold of any air when changing cans if you're using cans. and all that stuff, I found out that shaking the can rapidly helps empty the can out faster also when you add refrigerant through the manifold that you don't open the low side valve all the way only open it maybe 25% then move onto 50% this ways you can allow a very steady stream of refrigerant because as long as the can has more pressure than the low side you can release the gas 134 into the low side.

If you are unable to get that valve I can give you one, but I will only give you one if you certainly cannot obtain a valve. I horde the valves because I know they aren't easy to find and aware of their failure rates. Autozone sells a similar valve but I'm not aware of the size of the thread. But I will order one to find out.

Oh and if you're looking for a deal on 134a Big Lots sells 12Oz cans for 8 bucks each.