View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 01:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
I know of some of the parts, a new dryer runs around $45 at Oreillys and they have the assortment of those green rubber o-rings, then the orifices I have no idea where they go...lol and I know there is a special tool to undo the lines but have no idea how to use it as well as the manifold. I know the ac doesnt get real cold as it should but it works enough to get me by so I know it needs a good vac and probly some real maintenance since it didnt work when I got it and started working when I added the can of leak/dye/oil... and topped it off with 134a. The can comes with a guage on it and the needle is in the filled marks. There is a guy that is local that will do the repairs cheap $60 for evac and fill + parts so I plan to have it done right soon, just getting the money up is the issue till then. Hopefully have it done in another week since I dont want to ruin anything. If I ever come to florida ( I have family there ) It would be great to meet and say Hi.
45 seems expensive, I mean you could get them for as cheap as 25 bucks.

Anyways, their aren't really any special tools to remove the lines, everything is either bolted or is connected via a fitting.
Anyways stay away from stop leaks and boosters and crap like that because it is a contaminant and will require the replacement of numerous parts. If their is a leak don't be cheap because a stitch in time saves nine.

Don't need to worry about the orifices you can find them at any government building :P If you do make it to florida it would be very nice to meet you but be warned it's been getting very hot and humid, unlucky me fixes his A/C to not use it cause it uses to much gas. But it's alright.

Anyways I gave you a instructions on how to do everything from using the manifold to everything, it's safe and a DIY can do it. If I can do it anyone can do it. And it's good to know to especially since everything has gotten to be expensive so it's the time to pinch and stretch every penny you can.

If you ever have any questions need help just ask me and I am more than happy to help.