View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 02:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
I know of some of the parts, a new dryer runs around $45 at Oreillys and they have the assortment of those green rubber o-rings, then the orifices I have no idea where they go...lol and I know there is a special tool to undo the lines but have no idea how to use it as well as the manifold. I know the ac doesnt get real cold as it should but it works enough to get me by so I know it needs a good vac and probly some real maintenance since it didnt work when I got it and started working when I added the can of leak/dye/oil... and topped it off with 134a. The can comes with a guage on it and the needle is in the filled marks. There is a guy that is local that will do the repairs cheap $60 for evac and fill + parts so I plan to have it done right soon, just getting the money up is the issue till then. Hopefully have it done in another week since I dont want to ruin anything. If I ever come to florida ( I have family there ) It would be great to meet and say Hi.
Oh and almost forgot, the little gauge on those cans they sell are not good to go buy. For example, the can will say around 35 psi is filled system. however my van uses 3.75 Lbs of r134, now when all 3.75 lbs is in the system the low side pressure hits around 55 psi. So you cannot really go by them cheap cans things, every vehicles a/c size varies so it's not as simple as connect the can and call it a day. Be sides you can't really use those cans with the hoses to fill an a/c system, you want to do it right a manifold and some 12 oz cans will do fine. Anyways the lower the low side pressure generally the colder but again variables. When mine has the correct amount of refrigerant the A/C isn't as cold as when it has less. But I have a dual a/c system so the front is relative to the back a/c. It's complicated in my case, in your case it's simple.