View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
Yeah, sometimes my air is colder other times it is cool? The guage shows about 55 psi and it is just a hit and miss with the same reading... but like you said, I really have no clue what Im doing but with the instructions you gave me I am willing to give it a shot in the dark. Thanks for all the helpful info/advice on the subject. A little funny story to share with you. I have a friend who is a licensed ac/heating guy now, but back in the days of high school he was a wanna be, well he offered to fix my buddy's ac on the monte carlo... well, R-12 didnt work very long....or should i say the compressor didnt like it....lol
Well when you deal with R12 which is illegal now but still used it comes down to the oil. If you convert r12 to 134a you have to basically be sure you get all the oil style r12 oil and replace it with the newer pag oil. The old r12 oils were natural the new pag is a synthetic oil.

When the A/C system looses some pressure the A/C will actually blow colder then it will blow hot as refrigerant is getting to low. The lower the pressure the colder to a certain point, with A/C systems it's a has to be perfect to much pressure and not as cold as it can be and to low it won't work. That's why one useful tool in the trade is a thermometer you find them next to the refrigerants usually lol....

If you do this all yourself just tell me when you get ready to and I'll will give you my phone number so if you get stuck need help even talk you through it over the phone then their ya go. I am always happy to help someone.