View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Ryan22284 is on a distinguished road
Angry 2006 1500 AC Problem

Hey guys.....I went to the store a couple days ago and everything was working fine, but when I came out 10 minutes later my ac started acting up. It is still blowing cold, but the air flow has been reduced by about 60%. There is a vibrating noise along with a noise that sounds like the air is being blocked coming from the passenger side. The vibrating is annoying on high and vibrates the whole interior. When I switch to the recirculating air nothing changes everything stays the exact same. When I switch to the defrost or floor vents they switch like they should but with the same reduced air flow. It makes the same noises with the ac off or the heater or with the truck off.

I checked up under where the glove box is and there is a round black cover that hangs down in the back right corner with a couple wires going into it. Im guessing its a motor? This is where the vibrating is coming from and it is also warm but not hot. I removed the glove box but I have no clue what I am looking at......any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored links