Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L
Trim Level: Hemi Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:35
Danstona is on a distinguished road
Default My '05 and butt feeling?

First off, its an '05 QC SLT Hemi Sport, 3.92 rear end with 5.7L Hemi and 4x4. What happens is when I am doing about 40-60mph or 70-100kmh if I let off the gas then there is a bit of a thud feeling through the drivetrain. Its as if the torque converter is disengaging hard... I was thinking maybe motor mounts or something though. I never noticed this when it was cold out, but now that its warm, its quite noticable when cruising and just strait letting off the gas. It has me worried more than anything. I also have a feeling of wheel imbalance from the rear end... all this stuff I can feel in my butt.... I just want to know what everyone thinks could be causing the bump or push feeling in the drivetrain when I let off the gas. The only way I can explain it, is that its like having a bowling ball or something in the box, and when you let off the gas, its like the bowling ball slides from the tailgate to the front of the box, and bumps up against the cab... ideas? I checked the u-joints and they seem to be snug.. no play at all.
Sponsored links