Old 07-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ctroxell is on a distinguished road
Smile 2008 4.7L - Single or Dual Exhaust?

I'm new to the forums but pretty impressed so far. Seems to be lots of info out there. I haven't been able to find a thread with the answer to my question.

I have a 2008 Ram 1500 with the 4.7L in it, stock exhaust. I am planning to add an aftermarket exhaust but have heard differing opinions on whether or not this engine should have a dual exhaust or single exhaust if you're moving to aftermarket. A local exhaust shop told me the block was almost to small to push a dual exhaust and it could actually lose horsepower in doing so. However I have read a few threads on here where users have added a dual exhust to their 4.7L. Any thoughts on whether this motor should run a dual or single exhaust? I would prefer to increase my gas mileage if anything, while getting a great sound and an increase in HP as well. I will be adding a cold air intake as well. The exhaust I have been considering is the Flowmaster 50 Series 3". Any suggestions on brand of aftermarket exhuast as well? Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Sponsored links