Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
SDoriginal is on a distinguished road

Dalton,

unfortunately, this will not work. If your truck is 2wd, the front needs either drop coils or drop spindles. a torsion key will not work. As for the rear, flipping the axle while using stock shackles will give you a 6 inch drop, and you'll be hitting your frame rails unless you c-notch it (trust me, been there, done that). also, the flip kit I bought comes with a piece that creates a flat surface between the axle and the leafs. i know this is all bad news to you, but I'd hate for you to tear apart your truck just to find out these problems.

What you can do is this: 2" drop shackles from McGaughys and removal of overload leaf in your spring pack. it will get you close to 4" in the back and only cost about $75 (from timssuspensiononline). The bad news is that the truck will sag real bad with any load in it, and your tires will buzz your fenders, so some cutting and rolling of the fenders will be needed to keep your tires safe from the fender (I also made this mistake a ruined a set of rear tires).

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions, I've been around the block with 3rd gen suspension...