View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:49
glcarter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boubou View Post
Got pulled over in Kingston Ontario Canada and got fined with a ticket because my tint is too dark. I understand the ontario traffic law about tinting and it is vague.
"No person shall drive a motor vehicle upon a highway where the surface of the windshield or of any window of the vehicle has been coated with any colour spray or other colour coating in such a manner as to obstruct the driver's view of the highway or any intersecting highway."
That seems open to interpretation!

My question is:

What happens if I pay the ticket but do not remove the tint? How would they know I didn't comply and changed it for a lighter shade?
The cop told me I could get it re-tinted a lighter shade.
There was no grading % taken so no way they would know the exact tint at the time of the ticket.
Also, is this ticket readily accessible or viewable on my record if I get pulled over again for something else?
Would they ticket me again or something worst?
In Iowa you get a fixit ticket where you have to go to a repair facility and pay them to remove and/or sign off that tinting has been removed. This applies to out of state vehicles as well as Iowa registered vehicles. Otherwise it goes against the registration and you cannot renew until you have submitted the signed form.