Old 08-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
pgienger is on a distinguished road

They'll find a way to send that one back to chrysler... like say the 'doner' was defective and melted That being said, I think if you go asking everyone that you can you'll find a common thread at least in my2011; there's no way to order it on a sport, nearly every other trim level can get it. I think if you go build your own and check whatever boxes you need to in order to get the lighting on a laramie and an SLT/Big Horn you'll find the wording is different than the sport. At least it was when I researched it long ago when I discovered my missing lights...

It is actually cheaper for them to just put the same harness in every vehicle, regardless of the options. Can you imagine if they had to tell the guys making harnesses that they had to follow a different diagram every day? They'll spend a couple cents more in unused wiring, but they'll only have one parts bin to pull from for that item. I wouldn't be surprised if the models without an upper box even have the wires back behind the dash just to piss you off