View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

The only way to properly heat and change the spring length would be to apply even heat slowly, which is impossible with a torch. If I were to do this I would clamp the spring to the desired length, and then put it in an oven. Actually I would never heat my springs....it really is very dangerous...Heating and bending metal makes it very weak and sometimes even worse, brittle. I had a friend with a F150 with twin I beam suspension and he heated the I beams and bent them for alignment after a lift (he was too cheap to buy a proper kit). I warned him and afterwards he raved about how great it worked and how much money he saved....months later one of the I beams broke in half from a bump in the road.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.