Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
jbaidas81 is on a distinguished road
Question 2000 Ram Headlight Issues

I'm having headlight issues with my 2000 Dodge Ram. Shortly after I acquired the truck I noticed that my passenger headlight was dimmer than my drivers headlight. My first thought was that maybe the bulb was going bad so I pulled both of them out and checked them, they both appeared good upon completion of a visual inspection. I then swapped the bulbs, put the one from the passenger side into the drivers side and vice versa. The result was the same, the passenger headlight was still dimmer than the drivers side. I then noticed that the passenger headlight wires had been spliced previously, I proceeded by disconnecting the splices and reconnecting them in order to insure that all of the connections were good, the results were the same. I also noticed that my passenger side turn signal is dimmer than the drivers side. Also when I switch to my high beams, the drivers side switches over with no problems, but the passenger side bulb seems to dim when switched to high beam and even goes out momentarily. I've had a few people suggest a bad ground; however, I've been unable to trace the ground wires for the lights on that side of the truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored links