View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 02:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by C J R View Post
so the ties rods are repaired,,, i had to pay for a fuel injection clean and still no change. They now tell be dodge recommends a carbon clean of the engine as part of the fix, how damn funny is that lmao. I am going to try another dealer and if no help there I am going to get my friend to start a website protesting dodge ram 1500 trucks like mine with the same problem and lets see what happens then, this really pisses me off but you cant get any real answers or anything done. What else is there , sell the truck and buy a FORD Yeah
Still, you paid for a fix and it wasn't fixed, they should have not released it to you until it was fixed. However, I hate to say it but carbon build up could really be the problem. Hemis have a lot of blowby, that's air pressure built up from crankcase ventilation. Windage trays are used to help prevent CV or keep it at a minimum. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard they don't have one or can't use them on these engines. What happens is, oil is blown through the PCV valve which makes it's way into the throttle body and burned off in the heads with the help of your 203 heatsoaker thermostat, lol! There are people having to clean carbon build up in the throttle body and change the plugs because of. I'm not saying that this is the problem, but it's possible. Once cleaned, a way out of this happening again is to install a catch can. It helps trap the oil that escapes from the PCV valve (blowby) into a container. Some have cockpit drains and some you unscrew the bottom to empty it and screw it back on. Moroso and Billet Technoligies are comon with Moroso having the cockpit drain that I like. You just drain it around oil change time by simply opening the drain. This may sound like a waist of money to get, but if you could see the inside of your heads at a 100k miles you'd have a change of heart. There would be a huge difference between the one with a catch can and one without. Your plugs would last longer and they work well with any late model vehicle. So if it found that carbon build up was the cause after all, I would install a catch can soon after it's fixed. BTW...you can always take it to a highly recomended shop in your area to get an opinion on the problem before they even look at it.

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 08-06-2011 at 02:43 AM.