View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
I would go with the 17" more side wall to protect the rim
I was glad I had 17" wheels when my wife curbed the tires, they definitely saved my wheels. I like the look of both 17" and 20", but any bigger than 20" looks strange IMO. I have the 17" and must say tire prices are still very expensive, I paid over $1000 out the door for my zeon LTZ's (granted they are a great tire). I could have got cheapo tires at one place for like $500 out the door, but as far as normal tires, most were in the price range of about $800-$1100. My boss had better luck as far as pricing with his 18" wheels. I happen to prefer the smaller look of the 17" or 18" over the 20", and as far as weight, I think the extra weight of the wheel balances the less tire, and vice versa, or at least pretty close to doing so. A few pounds aren't very noticeable anyway (my combination is like 15-20lb heavier per wheel/tire over stock, and I can't tell a difference.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.