Old 08-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: SLT, 4X4
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
Silver Bullet is on a distinguished road

TRMORISETTE07, you mentioned cleaning the condenser coil with a hose, would this follow the lines of me low-pressure washing my engine? This should keep this clean? I'm very comfortable with older mopar engines but this is the first I've owned with a/c. I try to keep my engine relatively clean (washing or hosing off comes with it's own challenges, i.e. too much water, have strange lights on dash light up first run after the rinse, turn off truck, restart and all clear. Thinking I need to do some weatherproofing here.) Again, I've never worked with and a/c before though, except recharging a '90 cavalier. I've just begun to recharge the a/c in my truck this morning and called for the specs from the dealer on how much is too much and was told, "Follow whatever is on your recharge kit, 99.9% of the time they are right." Thanks for any help with my question and hope this helps someone else too. Just be sure to buy a recharge kit with an accurate gauge and FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS! If I may make a recommendation here, I'm really liking the recharge kit from Interdynamics, their Arctic Freeze Ultra Synthetic seems to be very good and came highly recommended by all at my local Advance auto. Cost: $34. Good luck to all and glad I found this Dodge site to finally be a part of something for my truck. Pics to come soon, please be on the look out. Thanks

Last edited by Silver Bullet; 08-09-2011 at 09:19 AM. Reason: mispelling