View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Yeah that's basically what I did (although mine was only about 6' x 10' as it was a motorcycle). I laid down an old sheet to cover the floor, I made a ~6' x 10' 1"x2" wood furring strip frame that I hung with hooks from the ceiling (the kind to hang bieks upside down), then stapled the visqueen to that and taped the corners together (I didn't "seal" it just made it so they would stay overlapped....I left one side overlapped but loose so I could pull it back and walk in....for the vent/fan I just put a little 6" fan on the floor facing outside and taped the plastic around it so it'd suck air from the "paint booth" and not outside.....It worked alot better than most would think, however I do still have very good paint gun and a so so compressor, and a really good mask...a better fan would have helped alot though, like a big one instead of a 6" er. I've also rattle canned like this, again people would be amazed at what you can do in your garage with a spray can...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.