Old 08-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 95 & 98 1500 Ram 4x4s
Trim Level: SLT & Sport
Color: 1 Blk,1 Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:36
Screamintrashcan is on a distinguished road

I 'd be looking at the wheel bearings, they wouldn't show up to an inexperienced aligner, they'd be correcting everything except the problem. jack up both front wheels, one at a time, and roll em around by hand, bent wheel? do they have slop, side to side, or wiggle if you pull on the top in and out??? when you're driving, and apply the brakes, does it pull in either direction, or does the brake pedal jump up and down a little??? Has your track rod been looked at on the drivers side end, when someone is gently turning the steering wheel back and forth, if the ballsocket is moving up and down, theres a permanent fix for it known as "Lukes Link" a really good product sold by a guy out of Colorado, it's also a great permanent fix for the long tierod ballsocket, wish I had invented it, priced very reasonably, only basic tools are required to install it. I don't know of anything else that hasn't yet been mentioned. Remember, the best guarantee of a job being done right, is to do it yourself, or at least properly troubleshoot so you can tell a maintainer exactly what the problem is , and what you have found in looking into it yourself!!! Good luck!!!