View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

The higher octane won't help your mpg don't waste the money unless it's pinging. Wow, even with ethanol free gas you get bad mileage! I run 93 with 10% ethanol (superchips 91 tune) and get like 17 city, 20+ hwy. Right now it's tuned stock as I'm taking it to the dealer and all week it's been around 16 city, still have the 93 octane in it, but that shouldn't make any difference.

Try not to cruise at constant speeds for long periods as to properly break in an engine you want to vary the rpm's alot. If you're cruising on the highway, cruise for 5 minutes at a time and vary between 55mph, then 70mph, then 60....etc.....it will hopefully help. Also, you can run it a little hard (accelerate a little hard) time from time, just don't abuse it and redline it at every stop light. Going too easy on an engine does not help break in.....that being said most newer cars have the engines broke in before installed in the car, so isn't really necessary, but in your case it may help. You should be getting at least 14 city 19 hwy as rated especially with pure gas.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.