Originally Posted by P Rod
I just ordered the Ground force 3"-2" drop kit for my 2011 2wd Club Sport. I know there are a couple other good kits out there by Bell tech-and Mc-G. But i think the 3-2 drop just about right for my tastes.
I did a lot of research on this fourm but still have a few installation questions. I'm trying to get a head start and know what I'm in for once the kit arrives.
1. Is it true that I will need to buy an extra kit to get the front end alinged back to spec?
2. I read someware that Ground force kit comes with a transmission shim, but I don't see it listed in the kit? (shocks,springs, bumpstops)
3. A spring compressor is only needed for the 4wd kits correct?
4. Are there any "must have" tools needed? or at least make the job go eaiser.(I already have air tools)
It sure would be nice to see the installation instructions before the kit arrives.
Any installation advice or tips would be great. Thanks in advance.
1. No extra kit needed. Aligns back to specs.
2. Mine didnt come with shim(9863). maybe it only comes for the reg cab. The rear suspension adjusts for pinion angle.
3. No spring compressor needed. Spring compressor are only needed when dealing with struts.
4. Air tools make the job easier, 2 jackstands and a jack.