Old 08-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:25
bombadillo is on a distinguished road
Default Electronics question about keyless entry and alarm.

Well, I bought my 2011 ST RAM a few months ago now and the one thing I really wanted was keyless entry. I was told over and over through the service department that I could not add it as a factory option after it was built. Since there are all kinds of PCM problems with tuning and other issues, I checked a local stereo shop to see if they could put an alarm/keyless entry in for me. They have done it on 3 trucks now and said only one was really successful. I'm really reluctant to drop another 600 bucks on an alarm and keyless entry when dodge should have been able to throw in a key fob and do it from day one in my opinion, but has anybody here been successful with putting in an aftermarket or having someone put in an aftermarket alarm and/or keyless entry after being sold from the dealer. Mine was an ST like I said so pretty stripped down and I would figure easy to install one.