Old 08-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
bram11 is on a distinguished road

Guys, thanks for your input. I just got off the line with the service dept. at Dodge. The tech. was thinking there were something wrong and wanted me to bring the truck in, then after a while he actually looked it up and found that my system is only spec'd to have a 10GB hard drive. (btw. my system is the 730N RHR). Later they called me again and said that the system does have a 30GB drive, but since it's a fully loaded system, I only have 10GB available.

Sounds like they're saying that the OS, NAV, and other features are taking up all the space.

The frustrating part is that this has always been a big deal to me and I was sold a truck with a 30GB drive (so I thought). I can't be too upset with the sales guy either, because not many people knows about this. As a matter of fact, in all the literature that I could find (including marketing specs) it says that the hard drive will be 30GB.

I guess, that's how they spin it. Technically, it does have a 30GB system, but I still feel somewhat cheated.