Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Crew
Color: White
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
DavidNM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by townsley4 View Post
ive looked on the web and phone book, and i couldnt find any around here. they are mostly collision repair/painting. im just trying to see what 3 people say....so far ive got 2 different mecahics saying different things. meineke says they do :

Exhaust
Brakes
Steering
A/C
CV Joints / Boots
General Maintenance
I don't know your individual situation so if I step on anything sensitive please forgive me.

Ask your Dad, your Uncles, folks that have been around for a while. Teachers you respect, etc. Sometimes the best mechanics work for the local Shell station. Sometimes they work for 'Advanced Automotive' or Thunderbird Automotive' or something like that.

I'm not that ancient - only 50 - but I've got a daughter who is 19 away in college whom I cherish. I know I can bring her car into my local trusted mechanic and say: "My baby is driving this car - give it the once over and let me know what we need to fix". And the guys at Thunderbird Automotive in Phoenix will do just that. They won't bullspit me -- they'll give me the honest scoop. Sometimes they say "it's working great - doesn't need anything'. Other times there are problems which i need to get fixed. Irregardless -- I trust them. This is the type of people you need to find to take care of your precious truck.

Understand?