Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 06 Ram 1500 2WD
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
captainmorgan is on a distinguished road
Default My truck shakes like an alcoholic

Hello all. (i have a 2006 Ram 1500 2WD Hemi) My truck has 78k miles. Did a search on here and did not come up with what I needed. My problem is one that I think many are experiencing at various times. When I am driving the truck there is a shudder/vibration at high speeds (starts at 55-58mph and higher). Some have refered to this as "death wabble". Most of the posts that I found were referencing 4wd trucks but mine is 2wd. Here's what I have done so far.

1. Replaced the tires (BS General Grabbers) with BFG Rugged Terrains. Iv'e run maybe about 300 miles on them. Firestone also aligned it when these were installed. 1200$ at Firestone

2. Replaced the old worn factory shocks with Bilstein HD's all the way around. 240$ on Tirerack.

3. Took it to the local dodge dealership and had it looked at. They said the front rotors were severely warped and scored and the rear rotors were slightly warped and recommended replacement of pads and rotors all the way around. I made sure they lubricated the caliper slides when they replaced them. 1000$ at local Dodge

The vibration did improve slightly when I first got the truck back from Dodge but is still there when you press brakes moderate to firm pressure. This is becoming ridiculous.

I read on here that one guy took his truck to a 4x4 shop and they looked around for 10mins and found that his pittman arm and drag link? was worn and it cured his wabbles. I don't believe that my truck with IFS has a pittman arm? (correct me if I'm wrong). This issue of drunken truck wabbles is somewhat maddening. I love the truck but there has got to be a fix for this sh**.

I read that carli suspensions makes some bulletproof ball joints for 4x4 trucks but I don't know if they work on 4x2s also.

Sorry for the long post. Thoughts, comments, or suggestions welcome. Thanks
Sponsored links