Quick update on my progress. Stopped by the local audio shop and picked up my amp. Decided to go with an 800 watt Orion Cobalt amp to power my two Crossfire DB312 12" Subwoofers. Excited to hear what they sound like.
In between all the scattered thunderstorms I was also able to finish trimming up all my MDF sidewalls for the enclosure and get a routered radius on them. Then they got glued and screwed. Definately drill pilot holes in all pieces that get screwed together. Even with my pilot holes I had a couple pieces split on me.
I planned on attaching the MDF sidewalls to the fiberglass base with screws as well but after a little though I was worried about the screws pulling through or cracking the fiberglass with the constant vibrations over time. Call me worry wart if you want but I would rather be pro-active to this problem now rather then reactive to a problem on down the road after everything is installed. To spread out some of the pulling force of the screws over a wider area rather then a focused one I decided to make brackets to cover the area that would be screwed to the MDF. To do this I took 1" aluminum flat bar that was an 1/8" thick and cut pieces to fit. I then drilled pilot holes for the screws every two inches and countersunk them for the screw heads.
In the end the flatbar ended up working better then I thought and gave me a really rigid setup. The bar bent nicely along the curves of the fiberglass base and sucked the sidewalls down tight to the fiberglass.
My next step for today is to get an amp rack cutout to fit between the two woofers. Since I am going with a sealed amp rack in my design I stopped and got two 3" 12v computer fans to install in a push-pull setup for cooling of the amp. I also plan on sealing up the woofer boxes with some caulking and add a couple more layers of fiberglass to the inside of them to make sure i've got a good tight seal and a little bit more rigid.
More to come as progress is made