View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I would only be guessing, but it would seem that they all would bolt up, maybe a torque converter change, & have someone program the software

i would find a 2009 or 2010, 2500 or 3500 model, if i read right, they had the 6 speeds in them

NOTE:
While the 66RFE resembles the 545RFE from the outside, its extension housing and output shaft are shared with the 68RFE. The 66RFE has its torque converter recessed inside the case, while it sticks out of the 68RFE; these differences are noticeable when the transmission is taken out.
All three automatics have a one-piece case, electronic control, two stage hydraulic pump (which shuts the secondary side at higher speeds, for efficiency), and similar valve bodies. They all use three planetary gearsets, three driving clutches, three holding clutches, and an overrunning clutch. The 66 uses some parts derived or taken from the 545 (mainly in the front: torque converter and pump; overdrive, underdrive, and reverse clutches; and valve body), and some derived or taken from the 68 (low/reverse clutches, planetary gearsets, and 2C clutch).
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 08-21-2011 at 04:07 PM.