Old 08-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT QC 4X4
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:24
kwatson is on a distinguished road

I hated the headrests for about the first 8 months. I found that adjusting them UP, they are a lot better now. That and the fact that I have gotten used to them. Before this '06 RAM, I had an '05 Magnum and the headrests are the same on those cars too.

The number one thing I dislike about my truck is the WEAK 4.7 engine. Factory stock, the earlier 4.7s are completely inadequate even when driving unloaded. Mine is at least now adequate with my mods.

The 3rd thing would have to be the extra soft rear suspension that seems to sit on the bumpstops with just 100 pounds in the bed. OK, maybe I'm exagerating a LITTLE bit. Well, I have some 2000 lb helper springs on the way. I hope I get them before next weekend when I need to haul some more top soil.

And yes, TOO LOW from the factory. The thing I loved about the 2nd gen trucks was that they were much higher than the Chevy's. When I first saw the new '10 Rams, I thought people were buying 2WD trucks. I thought, "Why the hell did he buy a 2WD? I guess he don't plan on driving it in the winter."
The 3rd gens like I have aren't too bad with the leveling kit installed.