Trim Level: SLT
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:12
LUBINATOR is on a distinguished road
Default Opinions wanted

Hi guys and gals,

I want to get some input.

I know a less restrictive exhaust will help performance somewhat and may even get you a mile or so mileage.

Here is my question:

I have a 2009 4.7 QC with no performance mods except a K&N drop in. I personally feel the factory air box set up is as good as any CAI for what I need.

What exhaust will offer me some less restriction and not cause air sensor problems. I do not want noise, I am a music person, and the noise level in my QC is great and I would like to keep it that way.

The only other mod I may put on is a tuner to help "crisp up the shift points.

Any corrections to my thinking would be appreciated.

Less restriction, better shifting, and mileage improve or stay the same but no drop. I do not have a heavy foot normally, but I am glad to have the power when I need to.

Also here is my silly question: Where are the resonators on my exhaust? I looked underneath, I see the muffler, I found the Cats, but I must be missing these Resonators. Be gentle, I'm almost 60. can't see real well lol

If I have them will I still see the benifits of a Maganflow Muffler if I leave them on? Again I do like the quiet ride.

Thanks in advance.

Richie
RAM 1500 SLT QC 2009 INFERNO RED, ARE Lift Lid ,Spray on Bed Liner, K&N Drop In, Pioneer DEH P8400UB, Alpine Amp, Mopar Kicker sets in all doors and dash, 2 Polk 10" Subs, Polk AMP, SteelCraft Nerf Bars, Mopar Fog Lights, CalTrend Seat Covers, WeatherTech Front Mats, Putco SS Fender Liners, SuperBumper SS Hitch Step/Impact Absorber, Onki Aegis SS Center Guard, PIAA 2100 driving lights

Last edited by LUBINATOR; 08-22-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: EDITED DUE TO LEAVING OUT A QUESTION OR TWO
Sponsored links