View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORMENTOR View Post
What the hell is the point of that? Why not just run a dual in/dual out muffler and not even bother with that y pipe?
Two into One exhaust scavenging
the alternating pulse from one side can actually create a vacuum to help pull flow from the other.

Even ARH Headers come with a new Y, looks very much like the Magnaflow Y

My Maggy Y ($27) welded in with SS Mandrel Bent pipe ...

stock squash bent and compressed Y pipe :

it's all the little pieces that add up to the bigger results in the end, its just a supporting mod that wont measure much on its own, just like a Catch Can or a Jet 180 T-Stat.
-add up enough supporting mods that only pick up a tenth or two on their own and before you know it you've dropped a full second off a quarter mile.

I started last Summer with mid 15's, now I'm at 13.8 and still dropping.

I cant quite afford ARH LT's, ($1600) + Ceramic Coating ($300) but will have JBA shorty headers
to replace my ugly cast exhaust manifolds soon...for $500, the $27 Y- pipe seemed like a no brainer.

on the intake side I've got an Airaid, home made Ram Air feeder tube, Fastman 85mm Throttle Body
and a Tuner capable of Data-Logging and custom CMR tuning to make sure I'm optimizing everything to run together.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 08-23-2011 at 07:51 PM.