View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 01:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:276
Leadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Codes View Post
Iv heard good thinks about colinite wax, havnt been able to use it yet.. but it has good reviews and seems affordable, waiting to run some wolfgang scratch/swirl mark remover 3.0 and finishing glaze on it first, followed by some wolfgang paint sealant. The wolfgang paint sealant is like 40 bucks, and advertises lasting about 6 months, and you can put colinite on top of that every couple months/season? thats what my plan is lol
I have those products for detailing vehicles.

I use Collinite on many of my details and have at one time on all of my personal vehicles.

Here is a thread highlighting the beading of Collinite 845

Collinite will last as long as Wolfgang, if not longer. I have used both and that is a personal observation. Collinite waxes are industrial strength and have commercial use, but also practical application for vehicles that looks great and works even better. Wolfgang, however, will give the vehicle a different look, and is applied different.

Collinite waxes are mostly hybrids with solvents that do mild cleaning, synthetic polymers like sealants, and real waxes that create rock hard protection. The Wolfgang [WGDGPS 3.0] is a pure sealant. You can apply it and buff it off a day later with no issues. If you leave Collinite on the paint for 5 minutes too long you will be trying to remove concrete.

You can top Wolfgang with Collinite or any wax for that matter. It won't really increase the durability, but it will change the looks and beading characteristics.