Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:25
bombadillo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusstrucker View Post
I dont know how much truth there is to it but when I was looking at trucks I tried out a Avalanche FFV (before buying my Ram) & the salesman said he has driven a Avalanche with both E85 and Regular 87 octane, he said you can notice more power on ethanol but fuel mileage sucks, could be true I guess. E85 is supposed to have a rating of 105 octane which would allow the computer to run more advanced timing....I would think someone on here would know, Id try it for myself if we had it here in Maine.

I wouldn't trust a salesman to his word if my life depended on it! They lie through their teeth all the time. There is no way he was getting more power regardless of the octane rating which a lot of people don't understand. Your compression doesn't go up even though your octane goes up and though they may change the A/F ratios thats all they're doing on the motor. Mileage goes down and more air/fuel gets burned so you're converting corn into noise and smoke without all that added lovely power. NOBODY I've spoken with has run E85 and gotten more power, or mileage. The stuff is just garbage.