View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: Ram
Rep:11
2010Sport is on a distinguished road

My y-pipe made it to Canada It's in Ontario at the moment, will be here on the 29th apparently. What I've decided to do is order my high flow cats and O2 simulators. Going to plumb them in at the end of the cat. I can't get a definate answer why the O2 sensor is in the centre of the stock cats. Just so you know, I got the shop to tell me that the section including the cat is just under 13" and as we all know, a 2.5" pipe. Now my guy tells me that he can do this, but just wants to use regular exhaust pipe and a mandrel bender isn't needed. I disagree, so I've ordered 2 pieces of stainless with a 45, 90 and 180 degree bend done with a mandrel pipe bender plus a long straight piece. He said he's cool with that too which is nice because I told him thats how I want it done. I probably didn't need to order that much, but better safe than sorry, plus he'll buy whatever I don't use or want.
Sooo... Y-pipe was 27, stainless pre-bent piping was 104, cats were 210 for the 2, O2 simulators + bungs were 75 for 2 of each (4 pieces in total). Labor will be 150 he said.. He's gunna come do it when I get all my sh*t together and here. So I'm not sure when this will take place as I am now working all the time. As for headers, well I'll get to that eventually. Should just wait and do it all. Hope I don't get any error codes/ engine light or engine problems.. I'm sure nothing will happen, just my luck as of late.