Old 08-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:25
bombadillo is on a distinguished road
Default Another clearance issue question....

So I have a 2011 RAM 4x4 ST with the 2.5" daystar leveling kit right now. I put on my wheels which are vision 375 warriors with an 18mm offset. They are 8.5" wide wheels. I noticed now that it didn't appear anyway that there was a ton of clearance when I turned the wheel lock to lock on the a arms and wondered what tire sizes people are comfortably running with this setup. I was really wanting to go with a 35x12.50r17 either Nitto Trail Grappler, or Goodyear MT/R mud terrains either in a 35" or 315/70/17 or so. The metric calculator says a 315 series tire should work out to a 34.5x12.4" tire. Here's a pic of the truck now with the wheels on, but I just want to check on clearances before I try throwing new tires on it and all of a sudden I'm rubbing like crazy.

I can get the MT/R's for around $1200 to my door and mounting and balancing would be free for me. I have a buddy who will do it at no charge. Any other options, tires, or anything else I should be thinking about. I really like the tread patterns on both of them and yes I do actually use my 4x4 when I get out on the trail to go shooting. I haven't done a whole lot of off-roading with it yet due to the tires on it and I am not really wanting to get stuck with street tires out where I can't make it due to traction issues. Thanks a bunch,

-B