View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefred112 View Post
do you think it's farther back then the 3rd gen's.. i ran this way for awhile and it didn't seam to suffer in performance... back then when i was lightly modded I was still faster then most..
I believe it's back quite a bit further. The front of the air box is pretty much even with the front of the water pump.

The bottom is about level with the top of the head and about 4" from it.

As the OEM box has a decent sized intake pipe that is true cold air (ported and sealed to draw from the fender just behind the headlight), I think I would realize better gains from removing this accordion then from adding holes to the air box....although both is probably the best thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefred112 View Post
and talk about modding, we had a local gtg at sonics yesterday, talking to the guys, one of them just got a sharadon tranny he got from another Ram owner..one convo led to another and before you knew it we were driving the 1.5 hours back to my house and installed his tranny for him later that night...yea he was very happy with this mod..
Well that is bit larger 'impulse' decision than the one I made!
If I ever get a different DD and can keep this truck as my 'toy', I will likely go the Magnason route....which would lead to a trans issue...that would likely be best solved with something like a Sharadon.....Stage 3????

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI