View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I don't think there are any shortys or longtubes available for the 2nd gen 4.7L. There was a thread that a company was trying to get enough people for some longtubes but there wasn't enough interest I guess.

I think there are 2 reasons the 4.7L doesn't get the attention: 1) why when you have the 5.7L hemi available would they waste time/money building parts for the 4.7L. There are few that really try to build up the smaller engine. 2) I think that chrysler announced that they will be discontinuing the 4.7L engine in the upcoming years, so why invest in a engine that will no longer be around...

I think there would be alot of interest if a company decided to make shortys, rather than longtubes. I'm sure we could get 20 members on this site alone to commit to purchasing shortys that cost a few hundred bucks. Most don't want to spend a grand on longtubes.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.