View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 12:06 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:177
Stangshcky12 has a spectacular aura aboutStangshcky12 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck View Post
Oh an when you ask which diesel motor is best? John Deere for sure not only because they've been around for 250 years but my whole life I've used them. Detroit Diesels and CAT Diesels are pretty good to. More specifically in a Dodge Ram the Cummins is the best you'll get in a pick up so far over the Dirty Max and Power Joke... thats just my opinion though.
Im still waiting for the day when you open a one tons hood and theres a green deere block in there ha ha
Theres a few things I dont really like about this comment and it doesnt help that I dont like John Deere lol(I live on a 75 acre farm and I'm majoring in Agricultural Engineering with a minor in off highway equipment, I will be the last one to say I know everything and the first one to try to learn more but I spend alot of time working with every manufactures tractors here at school, taking them apart, operating them and trying to make them better)
John Deere is only 175 years old, the diesel engine is only 115 years old and Ford, Allis-Chambers and Case all have been building tractors longer the John Deere.
You will probably never see a john deere diesel engine in any highway vehicle, and I can guarantee it will never be green. John deere green is only associated with there agrictultural products. Although they have diesel engines that meet marine and mining emissions, highway emissions standards are really hard to meet anymore, this is why CAT no longer makes highway motors. If john deere isnt in the game by now, highly doubtful they ever will be.
I grew up on John Deere tractors, but ever since Robert Lane became CEO and pretty much since they started selling John Deere lawn equipment in home depot, I dont feel like their products quality is anywhere near what it used to be. Its all hype anymore in my oppinion.

Last edited by Stangshcky12; 08-31-2011 at 12:11 AM.