08-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Choctaw, OK
Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Bright White / Tan
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
These are the instructions from the manufacturer. Note: I have a crew cab and had to use hardware (longer bolts, flats, nuts, lock washers, and stand offs) provided with the base because of the under seat air duct (which is a horizontal hump covered in carpet).
Tools needed are a socket wrench with extension, 15MM socket, 13MM socket.
Note that on some trim levels a plastic cover blocks access to the outermost seat leg bolt. This cover has to be
removed and stored for installation into Crew or Quad cab models. It can be put back in place after installation on
standard cab models. (I was able to install the cover for the seat where the spare jack is back into place even though these instructions say differently)
Regular and extended cab models:
1. Move the passenger seat back to its rear-most position and remove the two front seat rail bolts on the passenger
side using the 15MM socket. These pass through the seat frame legs into the floor board.
2. Without moving the seat, place the No-Drill™ base over the front of the seat frame legs.
3. Align the holes in the base with those of the seat frame legs. The pedestal platform should be near the console.
4. Re-install the seat bolts and fully tighten.
Crew or quad cab models with under seat air duct:
1. Move the passenger seat back to its rearmost position and remove the two front seat rail bolts on the passenger side
using the 15MM socket. Store these so that they can be reinstalled should the laptop stand be removed later.
2. This kit comes with 2 small stand offs shaped like short sections of pipe, two longer seat leg bolts, and two flat
washers. Pass the bolts through the flat washers and then each through the holes on the base.
3. Place the stand off over the hole in the seat frame leg. The stand off goes in between the seat frame leg and the
base providing a gap to clear the under seat air duct in some vehicle models.
4. With the stand off in place and the bolt now passing through the stand off, start the thread by hand on each bolt.
5. Once the bolt is started, use the 13MM socket to fully tighten the seat leg bolt.