View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 01:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: '07 Ram 1500 QC 4X4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:10
rottyrott is on a distinguished road

The rims are clean, but I haven't had them balanced. didn't figure a tire balance issue would come and go while holding at a constant speed. I can set the cruise at 60mph and be fine for awhile and then it'll start out with a very slight vibration and it may stay that way for a couple miles and then go away as fast as it came, or it'll gradually get worse and then disappear. sometimes it'll keep vibrating until i stop and then when i take off it'll be fine again. it doesn't happen every time i drive it. i drive 13 miles to work and sometimes it'll cycle from no vibe, to slight, back to no, then to a major vibe and back to a slight vibe all in that 13 miles, but it also may go a couple of trips with no vibe at all. guess i'll just have to find a few more trucks and check the play they have at the cv shaft to see if they are consistent with mine to try to rule that out as the cause. if it was just a slight vibe i wouldn't be too worried about it, but since it can be pretty bad at times it has me concerned that it could be causing damage to other front end components. thanks for your input.
mike