View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
My mpg got a lot worse with a Superchip tuner and AFE CAI, they make my truck touchy on the gas pedal causing me to use more gas to get my truck moving, I also carry about 500lbs a day in it for work. So I went from the 15-18mpg range to the 12-16mpg range. But like I once heard "friends don't let friends drive stock"......
That's strange....wonder if you were just giving it more pedal enjoying the more power? I definitely get at a minimum 1mpg better with my superchips on 91 or 93 tune. I'd say more like 2 and MAYBE even 3 better, but 3 might be a stretch. I was running the 91 tune because I was getting some pinging with 93 and a load, but went back to the 93 tune and as long as I don't have any weight in the truck it's fine....not really a noticeable difference over the 91 tune though.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.