View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean2010 View Post
thanks guys.

I have noticed none of them have a large lump and I have looked at a few video with similar cams in similar cars/trucks and they don't seem to really sound like thy have a cam. performance aside I wish it would sound better. any thoughts??
Welcome to the wonderful world of roller cams.
Most of the stock roller cams have a better performance spec than many of the most radical cams of days gone by. We no longer have to put up with the terrible idle issues, and low RPM problems that were prevalent in the 70's and 80's.....and for the most part...90's.

The beauty of the beast is it's ability to ramp from fully closed to fully open in a fraction of the time, so we no longer have to deal with the massive overlap that caused the poor idle and low RPM performance......that many of us grew to love the sound of.....

Can you get a cam that will bring back those memories....probably...but you will likely have to contend with performance issues, as the cam will have to be custom ground to a less than optimal spec to create that lump and lope.

I'm sure the major cam manufactures would accommodate your request, but will likely ask you for the grind spec, and will accept no responsibility for it's performance or it's drivability.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI