Thread: 2012 Rams
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2012 Rams

I went to the dealership today to get an oil change
I walked to the very back of the lot, almost hidden behind the building, there were the new 2012s
the 2011s are out front & you wouldn't know that the back area was open to the public. It looks more like an employee parking area, the 2012s are behind some older vehicles

I saw them & started looking inside, i spotted the steering wheels instantly, all those buttons jump right out at you.
some Rams don't have any buttons on the steering wheel
most of them have 4 buttons on each side
2 Rams had 6 buttons on the left side & 4 on the right side ( with room for 2 more )
I saw 3 types of grill work
1 type had bars instead of the honeycomb look
the more common type was a BLACK honeycomb
there was one Ram that kept pulling me towards it, i saved it for last
it had a very shiny almost sparkling chrome looking honeycomb, the whole truck seemed lower than the rest, it was mostly white & the paint down by the bottom of the doors was almost a pure honey color

it almost looked like this, except for the paint at the bottom of the body line
http://dodgetrucksfanclub.blogspot.c...am-bianco.html

I looked under 1 of the Ram 1500s, the whole lot back there was dirty, the rear end pumpkin was SMALLER than the Rams that all of us own
It seemed to be about 8" like what is on the lighter Jeeps. I don't know if was a DANA rear end or Possibly it was a ZF rear end

Not a single sales person came out to that part of the lot, they watched me from inside & was not that hot outside, maybe 85 F
If they had come out, i would have asked them to unlock the truck with the most buttons on the steering wheel, i wanted to take some close up pictures

I requested the 2012 brochure, they will mail it to me when they are sent to the dealers
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links