Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:67
Rough 01 will become famous soon enough
Default IPod and IPhone Fix

I made the title simple to aid in searches.

There is a lot of talk of people having problems with their IPods, IPhones, Android phones with the 430 and 430N radios. The specific issue is usually the fact that they won't connect to the radio when plugged into the USB port in the glove box. In addition, the bluetooth streaming can sound like chipmunks have invaded your device (goes fast, then stops... then goes fast, then stops, repeat)

This was a major issue with all 2011 Chrysler radios. The blame seems to be on Apple for this but I also fault Chrysler for not getting updates out sooner.

There are fixes for this and they are software updates to the UConnect module as well as the radio. They are 2 seperate updates and they must both be done to have a stable system (I say this since my radio kept crashing when I only had the radio update without the UConnect update for a couple weeks but was stable since the UConnect update).

Below is the information you need to solve this problem. Please follow the link for the UConnect Update and read the instructions for the Radio update.

Uconnect Update
http://www.ramforumz.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=38

430N Radio Update
An Update Disk should have been sent to you but if you don't have it then request it from the dealer. You will know if you have the update simply by looking to see if Sirius Traffic is working or not. If it is not, and you have the 430N, then you need the update. If you have the 430 (non-nav) then you will have to ask the dealer to install it like I did.

I hope this helps and I hope this ends the frustration that many new users are having with this issue.

Last edited by Rough 01; 09-02-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Sponsored links